From Northern Portugal to the world, these pieces of boneless pork are very popular and can be accompanied by chips and seasoned with chopped parsley.
- 800 g of pork cut to cubes
- 1.2 kg of potatoes
- 100 ml of olive oil
- 100 ml of white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of pepper pasta
- 20 cloves of garlic
- Salt (the amount you want)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Parsley (the amount you want)
1. Season the meat cubes with ten crushed garlic (place the garlic on a table and use your hand to press the blade of a knife against the garlic. The garlic will be crushed with the weight of your body), salt, pepper, bay leaves and white wine.
2. Put the olive oil, the remaining crushed garlic in a frying pan and sauté over a low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes. Then, place the meat cubes together with the marinade. Stir with a wooden spoon, cover the skillet and cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, wash, peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. Season with salt and fry in very hot oil. When the potatoes are fried, place them in a dish with absorbent paper.
4. When the meat is fried, turn off the heat. Add the chips to the frying pan, stir with the meat and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Put on a serving platter and serve.