Undoubtedly, octopus rice is one of the most popular tidbits in Portugal. Everything is due to the tasty and warm rice. This is one of those recipes that I just prepare for the special moments!
- 1200g of octopus
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1dl of olive oil
- 400g of rice
- 1 coriander sauce
- 2 peeled tomatoes
- 1 glass of white wine
- Salt (only as much as is needed)
- Pepper (only as much as is needed)
1. In a saucepan, cook the octopus, without water and on low heat for 50 minutes to 1 hour. The octopus will bake in the water that it is dropping. Once cooked, cut into small pieces.
2. In a pan, sauté the olive oil, onion, garlic and bay leaves. Add diced tomatoes. Let it sauté everything.
3. Add the rice and fry a little. Add the wine, the water to bake the octopus and about 0.5L of water. Season with salt and pepper. Let it cook for 15 minutes.
4. Add the octopus. Bring to a boil and add the chopped coriander. Tape, turn off the heat and let it stand two minutes before serving.