Do you want to prepare a typical Brazilian meal? Corn Canjica must have a mandatory presence at the table! This sweet is very popular in the Northeast region and I tasted it for the first time in Brazil, in a June party (a traditional event in that country). Immediately, I wanted to know how to make it and since then is one of the desserts I love to do!
- 2 cups of white corn
- 2 cups of yellow corn
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 200ml of condensed milk
- 200ml of fresh and crushed coconut
- 300ml of whole milk
1. In a bowl, put corn and water.
2. Soak for 12 hours.
3. Put the corn with water into a pressure cooker.
4. Season with salt.
5. Add more water.
6. Cover the pressure cooker.
7. Cook in the pressure cooker for 1 hour.
9. Stir the corn.
10. In a pot, put corn, cinnamon, condensed milk and coconut.
11. Stir everything up.
12. Add the whole milk.
13. Stir well.
14. Serve, after sprinkling with cinnamon.