Cooking is much more than the simple act of preparing food for delicious dishes. It is often synonymous with traveling. Travel to another location. Travel to another time that has passed. Especially for the more nostalgic, who love to visit the past and stay there for long moments … and meals.
This pork loin is a great – and delicious – example of these dishes that are an authentic time machine. It reminds us so much of our mothers’ lunches, right? And it’s not just any pork loin: besides having plums and being accompanied by some delicious potatoes, this loin still has a few slices of bacon on top. Who said that what is great also cannot improve?
- Pork loin
- Black pepper
- Sliced cheese
- Chopped onion
- Chopped garlic
- Bay leaves
- Olive oil
- White wine
- Sliced bacon
- Spread the pork loin on a table. On top of the meat, put the salt, the black pepper, the ham, cheese and plum.
- Wrap the loin.
- Put some toothpicks on top and tie the loin with a string.
- In a baking tray, lined with parchment paper, put the loin and season it with salt, pepper, chopped onion, chopped garlic, paprika, olive oil and white wine. Then wrap in foil and bake at 200º for 1h30.
- Add coriander to the loin with boiled potatoes.
- Bake at 200º for about 20 minutes.
- Season the loin with a little sauce.
- Put slices of bacon on top.
- Bake at 200 degrees until the bacon is brown.