So quick and yummy… This guava cornmeal cake reminds me of breakfast time at Sunday… Well, actually I would eat this all day long, because it really is a delight with that guava syrup.
Formerly not everyone had a blender, now everything is much easier. See how to make this cornbread cake with guava. It is very quickly.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of milk (240ml)
- 1/2 cup of oil (120ml)
- 1 cup and a half sugar (270g)
- 3/4 wheat flour (90g)
- 1 cup of cornmeal (180g)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Guava 400g
- 1/2 cup of water (120ml)
- In a blender, add 5 eggs, 1 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of oil, a cup and a half of sugar and beat everything very well.
- Add 3/4 of wheat flour, 1 cup of cornmeal and beat until smooth.
- Add one tablespoon of baking powder and gently mix with a hand-held scoop or beater.
- Pour half of the mixture into a 21cm circular shape and sprinkle 200g chopped guava and cover it with the remaining mixture.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C for 45 minutes. Do the toothpick test.
- As an option, you can make a guava syrup by adding 200g to half a cup of water in a pot until it melts very well.